NNEPRA Open House Shares Downeaster Planning Proposals
- Written by TRN Webmaster TRN Webmaster
- Published: 23 October 2019 23 October 2019
The NNEPRA Open House, held yesterday in Portland, successfully brought together rail advocates and the public to hear an in-depth briefing by Executive Director Patricia Quinn about proposed Downeaster service enhancements.
- Wells track improvements
- Inbound morning service from Wells to Portland and Brunswick
- New location for Portland train station
- New station in West Falmouth
- New service between Westbrook & Portland
- Lewiston-Auburn service
Again, these are proposals that NNEPRA is actively pursuing.
Unable to attend? Here's her presentation.
This was a well-organized gathering with color-coded dots for the attendees to express their passenger rail preferences. They gathered at tables...
talked through their priorities and then a spokesperson from each reported their list to the more than 100 in attendance. You can get a sense of the involved excitement by watching this short natural sound clip.