Welcome to TrainRiders/Northeast
NNEPRA Board Meeting - January, 2012
- Created on Monday, 23 January 2012 22:28
- Written by TRN Webmaster
The January Board Meeting reported on the first two quarters of Fiscal Year 2012 - Executive Director Patricia Quinn characterized the service as "healthy & strong."
Overall Downeaster Customer Satisfaction
- Downeaster 92, Amtrak 85
- Downeaster Value for Price Paid 92, Amtrak 85
- Downeaster Overall Cafe Experience 85, Amtrak 78
December, 2011 Performance Statistic
December 2011 = 38,809 passengers, December 2010 = 40,906. The decline by 2,097 passengers was due in part to the NBA strike which eliminated Celtics travel
City Pair Ridership.
- Portland-Boston 32% of total
- Exeter-Boston 16% of total
- Durham-Boston 6% of total
- Wells-Boston 9% of total
- Saco-Boston 7% of total
- Dover-Boston 11% of total
- Haverhill-Boston 5% of total
- Platform completion in Brunswick & Freeport scheduled for spring - outdoor construction to resume in March
- Brunswick Maintenance Facility to see specifications defined in coming months
- Expansion Contruction (excluding the Maintenance Facility) should be completed in time for late fall service
- Paul Eastwood, Amtrak Assistant Superintendent of Maine Services, has retired.