Our New Vision
TrainRiders Northeast brought the Downeaster to Portland, ME in 2001 and Brunswick ME in 2012. Our New Vision: An across-the-platform Amtrak connection at Boston’s North Station, serving Worcester, Springfield, Hartford, New Haven & New York’s Penn Station (Moynihan Train Hall). Our continued success depends on your donation. Use our PayPal button to help us reach this goal. Many thanks for your continued support. Wayne Davis, Chairman
Amtrak Downeaster Service Temporarily Suspended Through May 31st
- Created: 30 April 2020 30 April 2020
Amtrak Downeaster service is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 and associated travel-related restrictions. The suspension will remain in effect through at least May 31, 2020. Please check back for updates.
We are working closely with our station community partners and Amtrak to protect the health and safety of our passengers and crews when service returns.
- Train equipment used in Downeaster service has been sanitized, and Amtrak has implemented enhanced cleaning protocols to ensure that the equipment will be disinfected daily once Downeaster service resumes.
- Although Downeaster stations in Maine and NH are currently closed, stations are being equipped with information and resources consistent with social and physical distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC prior to re-opening. During this closure, stations are being thoroughly cleaned in preparation for reopening.
- When service returns, the number of passengers per coach will be limited to support the social and physical distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- We are using this time of suspended service to complete various track projects. Many had been scheduled later in the year and would have required service interruptions. By getting them done now, it will enable us to operate an even more reliable service when we return.
Ticket Refunds & Cancellations
Amtrak is waiving change fees for reservations made before May 31, 2020. To modify a reservation, log in to your account, go to ‘Modify Trip’ on Amtrak.com, or find your reservation from your account on the home screen in the Amtrak app. A fare difference may apply to your new itinerary. If you want to cancel your reservation with no fee, you must call 1-800-USA-RAIL and speak with an agent (not available via Amtrak.com or the app).
For more information visit: https://www.amtrak.com/coronavirus